[TCML] Terry Fritz secondary voltage/current measurement antenna

Greetings fellow coilers,

I've just built a copy of Terry Fritz's antenna to measure secondary voltage and current based on his paper:

 http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-streamer/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html

To calibrate the antenna, I used Pearson 410 & 411 current probes (0.1V/amp), and found that I had to place the antenna about 44 inches from the coil (yow!) instead of the 62 inches he mentions in the design. Then, computing the TC voltage using the measured current, and comparing that to the scope waveform, I had to multiply the scope values by 200,000 (instead of 1,000) to match voltages. The computed values were about 200kV peak, and I'm getting hard strikes over 33 inches long, so it seems reasonable.

After each pulse, there's also a DC offset on the voltage signal, (presumably due to the 16 nanofarads of capacitance on the voltage antenna), that tapers off to zero between pulses (primary coil firings).

Question: Does anyone have experience with this design, and perhaps improvements since 1997? Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks-in-advance,

 Bill Bishop