Re: [TCML] Primary Support Materials

I've even got a news segment with me grinding off PVC tracking for my Modern Thinker setup! http://tesladownunder.com/Media.htm#Channel 7 TV Today Tonight AustraliaMay09 (you have to cut and paste that link re the spaces). Look at 20 seconds into the video.
Peter

From: "Ralph W5JGV" <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:13 AM

Secondly, PVC has a nasty tendency to carbon track when it breaks down, so
in the event that you have a primary arc-over you will almost
surely have to replace the damaged support.

For a graphic example of carbon tracking on PVC, here's what happened to one
of the PVC insulators on my 166.5 KHz transmitting antenna on a foggy
morning...

http://w5jgv.com/2005_0214_antenna_fire/2005_0214-antenna_fire.htm
Ralph  W5JGV - WD2XSH/7