From: Brandon Garretson <garretsontech@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, April 22, 2010 8:27:15 PM
Subject: [TCML] Re: PFC for dual NSTs

Miles,
That setup is awesome and your schematic looks great.
I have three 12/30s as well, but the third is a spare/jacobs ladder/toy.
I do plan on having everything in parallel.
My problem is that when I look at a schematic I have a difficult time
visualizing the physical layout and physical connections.
I dont know what it is, but show me a schematic and I scratch my head
for bit figuring it out, show me an actual physical layout and I say
"Of course! Thats obviously how it works!" I dont know why but it can
be very frustrating at times.
To me, when looking at your schematic, it seems to me as though your
using three separate phases, one to power each NST.
I doubt thats how you physically have it set up...
I have a filter in my control box before my variac and one under my
coil after the AC connector.
So from there I have just neutral and hot. Just those two wires.
Im wondering the best way to wire up the trannys with the PFC cap(s)
in to get the most effective power factor correction.
I dont know if before, between or after the NSTs will make a
difference, ya know?
Thanks!