Re: [TCML] Inductor design program?

You're right.

The easy way is to use a substantial core cross section (I use 4" x 3 5/8")
from an old stripped pole xmfr core, then wind on 110 turns of #8 AWG.  Hook
it up to your pig (each one is slightly different), and set up a small horn
gap (climbing arc) plus an ammeter in the pri circuit with your reactor.

Run it and slowly begin removing 5 turns at a time until you hit around 34
Amps.  With no cap in the circuit you always want to set this current 5-8
amps lower than your operating Tesla oscillator circuit.  It usually comes
out to 85-90 turns for 40 Amps.

This process is the least time consuming and more accurate as doing it by
calculation requires you know the specific data on your reactor core
material, and also the data on your pole xmfr core material.

Dr. Resonance