Re: [TCML] pics of new coil

Thanks for the kind words John, yes that is 3 1/2"
corrugated drain pipe over the 2" s.40 PVC secondary.
 The secondary has threaded rod coming out of both
end caps, which then there are another set of caps
 made from cutting board that slide over the threaded
 rod and fit snugly into the corrugated drain pipe
 and tight against the top and bottom of the secondary.
 everything is then held together solid with a nut
 and washer on both ends,no glue just a really tight fit.
 You were right on the primary also, one side of some
 really big speaker wire. The primary coil form is a 4" PVC
pipe coupler. I used a 3/32 bit and carefully drilled
(so not to come out the side of the coupler.) four holes
 up into the bottom rim of the coupler and in the box,
 put 4 #6 screws up through the bottom of the box into the
rim of the coupler. very solid. here is how the primary is held in place:
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/ndsteppii/101_0720.jpg
no grooves,it's not going anywhere. The top load isn't nearly
 big enough, though. I may be interested in one
of your 1.75x6 toroids in the near future if they will
 still be available a couple of months from now.(my larger
 coil is sucking up all of
 my funds right now). As always all questions/compliments
/comments/criticism welcomed, thanks again,
      Norm, Demotte,IN