From: "Phillip Slawinski" <pslawinski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:16:53 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [TCML] Lacquer

Hi All,

I too use the two-part epoxy coating on all my coils. I built a coil from
the ground up to produce a long spark length compared to the secondary
length. It has taken a lot of work, but I think the results were worth it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4354745760/ During the process of
developing this coil I have had multiple flash overs.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4309814799/ I haven't lost a
secondary to a flash over or spark related event. My secondary is wound
with 34 AWG on a 12" x 3.5" form. Not coating a form with such fine wire is
simply not an option. The wire is very fragile, and will break with only a
mild amount of force, also with wire this fine expansion and contraction of
the form due to temperature change will cause the windings to loosen up and
fall down. Sadly, I know this from experience.

-Phillip Slawinski