Re: [TCML] Lacquer

Firstly, the experiment with the conventional coil is not conclusive, sorry. Power was "about 20%" in the pre shot with racing sparks. No mention of actual values for the post shot and the sparks look very different on the pics. I am not saying the result is wrong, but it is highly likely the original power level was not reproduced.

Secondly, DRSSTC's are different beasts in terms of coupling. Obtaining better Watt's ratios (spark length/sec length) seems a lot easier. 13:4 = 3.25 does not seem remarkably efficient in this regard. On the other hand using an SGTC coil with no special insulation, I have Watt's ratios of 3.0 (96inches/32in). Others have claimed larger ratios for SGTC's but I have not seen clear photos to show this. If you want to follow this link copy and paste it into your browser.
http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_sparks.htm#6 inch coil (the best ones)

Nevertheless, the previous discussion of using ?Envirotex as a very thick layer does really seem to provide a lot of protection. Some years ago I started a TC project to dramatically outperform this 3.0 Watts number. A lot of special fabrication was done and I still have everything ready to start some final plans and construction. One day when I have a few moments........

Peter