Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:30:58 -0700
From: Dave Leddon <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Source for copper hardware

I've been trying to eliminate hot spots in the primary circuit of a
relatively high current (~3000 amp) drsstc by replacing high
resistance connection points with copper.  Even a one-inch length of
3/8-inch brass bolt can generate enough heat to melt the solder right
out of a terminal lug.  Which raise another interesting point, what
about solder?  It has ten times the resistance of copper so maybe all
lugs should be crimped.  I only soldered them because I don't own a
crimper large enough to deal with #2 welding cable.  But I
digress.  I've not had any success locating a source for copper nuts
and bolts, probably because copper isn't strong enough to be consider
a fastener, and so have been force to machine my own.  I would much
rather just plunk down the credit card.  Does anybody know of a good
source for copper hardware?

Dave
Pleasanton, ca

High Sensitivity/