Re: [TCML] My Hemisphere/Toroid with Unconnected Top Sphere results

Hi Peter,

I haven't been keeping up well with these posts, but regarding top load C, I just wanted to point out that the top sphere adds only a slight increase in C. Roughly, the hemisphere is about 12pF. Putting the 6" sphere on top results in the neighborhood of 13.7pF overall. As you can see, only a slight top load change and very small Fr change. The interconnect coil adds nothing. So the system should remain well in tune in all cases.

Take care,
Bart

Peter Baitz wrote:
Tonight I was able to get the bottom hemisphere/toroid connected directly with the top sphere using this "collar", a 2-1/2 turn coil of 0.25" copper tube, just large enough diam. to fit the sphere on top touching metal to metal, and connecting to the top of the hemisphere as well.   And good results achieved - and the primary coil tuning was identical to the turns calculated for just the hemisphere/toroid alone.     (Previous attempts through normal means to connect the sphere to the hemisphere would not end up with poor results - meaning no manner of retuning would help. )    Seems to me the mystery deepends ?????????

Video of results:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L96fk-Jueec

Picture of "collar":  http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/ncc1701_photos/tech/my_tesla_coil_hemi-toroid_sphere_CO.jpg

Peter