Re: [TCML] ignition coil pulse generator

Rhys Sage wrote:
I was about to set to work building a 555-based pulse generator for an ignition coil in order to build the first half of my high-voltage generator when I had a thought... Cars run off 12v. They must already have a solution for this. Is there some form of pulse generator already in a car to get the coil going or is it all run off the alternator? If there is then it would seem much simpler to use that rather than build my own pulse generator.

Rhys Sage

What you want is the "ignition module" from an older car.