Re: [TCML] Re:Interrupter Question

Steve,

Here is the JavaTC output for the coil, I tuned this as close as I could
with an RF generator and it tapped right at 7 turns which about perfect with
what Java TC came up with. It does produce a spark break out but it just
seems weak for the current being dumped into it.  I also played with the
tuning and then fired it up again after moving the tap position and it seems
to be in the correct spot.  The H-Bridge output signal looks good unloaded I
have not looked at it while under a load. All the driver board signals also
look very good.

Secondary Coil Inputs:

Current Profile = G.PROFILE_LOADED

4.5 = Radius 1

4.5 = Radius 2

14 = Height 1

62 = Height 2

2000 = Turns

0.02 = Wire Diameter

Primary Coil Inputs:

5 = Radius 1

7.849 = Radius 2

13.5 = Height 1

13.5 = Height 2

7.1216 = Turns

0.25 = Wire Diameter

0.225 = Primary Cap (uF)

10 = Total Lead Length

0.25 = Lead Diameter

Top Load Inputs:

Toroid #1: minor=6, major=24, height=63, topload

Secondary Outputs:

67.11 kHz = Secondary Resonant Frequency

90 deg° = Angle of Secondary

48 inch = Length of Winding

41.7 inch = Turns Per Unit

0.004 inch = Space Between Turns (edge to edge)

4712.4 ft = Length of Wire

5.33:1 = H/D Aspect Ratio

121.1811 Ohms = DC Resistance

61636 Ohms = Reactance at Resonance

5.71 lbs = Weight of Wire

146.172 mH = Les-Effective Series Inductance

159.83 mH = Lee-Equivalent Energy Inductance

158.736 mH = Ldc-Low Frequency Inductance

38.477 pF = Ces-Effective Shunt Capacitance

35.189 pF = Cee-Equivalent Energy Capacitance

67.036 pF = Cdc-Low Frequency Capacitance

11.69 mils = Skin Depth

24.706 pF = Topload Effective Capacitance

195.0887 Ohms = Effective AC Resistance

316 = Q

Primary Outputs:

67.11 kHz = Primary Resonant Frequency

0 % = Percent Detuned

0 deg° = Angle of Primary

23.96 ft = Length of Wire

3.97 mOhms = DC Resistance

0.15 inch = Average spacing between turns (edge to edge)

0.572 inch = Proximity between coils

0 inch = Recommended minimum proximity between coils

24.875 µH = Ldc-Low Frequency Inductance

0.22504 µF = Cap size needed with Primary L (reference)

0.22 µH = Lead Length Inductance

264.805 µH = Lm-Mutual Inductance

0.133 k = Coupling Coefficient

0.144 k = Recommended Coupling Coefficient

7.52  = Number of half cycles for energy transfer at K

55.4 µs = Time for total energy transfer (ideal quench time

BrianV