Re: [TCML] Interrupter Question

Yeah, the interrupter just gates the coil ON and OFF.  The RF switching
occurs naturally on the control board, not from the interrupter control.

Is your diode heatsinked?  Is it also rated for at least 2*VAC*1.414 volts?

Just to be clear, normal interrrupter operation provides a pulse of say
20-200uS duration with repetition rate of 60 to 500 Hz.  The pulse basically
"enables" the tesla coil to oscillate, so you should see some RF switching
on the gate drive section at the Fres of the system.

Steve