RE: [TCML] Big Insulators

I attached a 2"x6" with rounded ends on top of my coil base. The secondary fits snugly on top of that. The pics are old, and before I raised the second topload as high as I could and have it still clear my 8' garage doors. I used AWG 18 and simply had two loose (unpolyurethaned to the form) wraps which end where my primary begins, below the base. I soldered the AWG 18 to the 3/8" copper tubing. As I raised and lowered my primary, I simply rotated the secondary to tighten the AWG 18.

I have one 1" thick PVC baffle, unglued in the interior, with a 6' nylon threaded rod, which acts as a weight to hold the toploads down. On top, I have a 1" PVC plug with a hole that's just big enough for the nylon threaded rod to slide in and out of.

For RF ground, I have a standard copper coated ground rod, which I attached a male welding quick connect to.

Adam