RE: [TCML] Using hysteresis motors, and modifying induction motors for sync operation

if anyone is near Los angeles and wants it, I have available a 2 HP 3 phase motor, 220/440V, 1735 RPM - weighs about 100 pounds, scrap value is around $10 to $15 based on its weight - $20 and it's yours.  with three phase, you can control the motor accurately with a VFD (for speed) including synchronizing it to 60 hz, so maybe this will help.  It has a 1" diameter shaft, so it is heavy and rigid enough to take a lot of abuse.  It is at risk of going to the scrap dealer, so if you have interest, drop me a note.