Re: [TCML] Chicken wire top load

As I suspected.Perhaps I'll try using the bare frame.Thanks for the input DC.  Wyatt
------Original Message------
From: DC Cox
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Chicken wire top load
Sent: Nov 15, 2009 12:19 PM

With large coils it works well as you integrate the charge over a very large
surface area.

With smaller coils the spun toroids work best.  You could also do a series
of "rings" which retain the smooth shape, but chicken wire sharp points can
produce problematic corona on smaller toploads.

Dr. Resonance