[TCML] Santana Insulators and copper cleanup

Hello Group,

(1) I am looking for three more Santana (Brazil) standoff insulators to
mount on the bottom of my (6) hardwood primary deck legs. The insulators
were plentiful on EBay for some time. They are ~ 7" tall x 3" in diameter
and have 3/8" mounting threads. Anyone have some to sell? I grind the center
threads to flush. I'll post a picture of one on Gmail if this is unclear.

Background: I have a (2) nice dark blue 36" round Formica table decks - made
for schools and are largely child proof ;-^) The legs ((6) 15" tall) will be
interchangeable (big oak legs from Carolina) for my present 12" coil (3/8)
tubing, .1uf primary cap and my future 22"-24" coil (1/2") tube on the other
table top. I may need to run .2uf primary cap on that one to accommodate the
coils within 36".

(2) All my copper tubing is covered with patina. Great ascetics for statues,
art, or roof tops, but not for a modern science display. It will look nice
with a blue back ground and mellow red oak legs if it were copper color.

I am assuming I could make a HCL (Mauriac acid) bath in a small wading pool.
This should clean off the oxides in short order with gloves and safety
glasses. The question then becomes how to stop the oxide's progression to
the aforementioned patina.  I seem to remember from the list that mineral
oil may do it. I want the tuning point to remain adjustable so lacquer is
out. Comments on this issue are welcomed - we all deal with this issue one
way or another. What works best?

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora