From: Nicholas Goble <ngoble@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Transformer rating
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 9:46 AM

I don't understand how what it means when a transformer is rated with
voltage AND amps.  For example, a 15kV/36mA NST or something smaller like a
14V/1Amp wall adapter.  Is the transformer a voltage or current source?

I'm just thinking back to basic physics V=IR.  If the transformer supplies
15kV and I have a load resistance of 1500ohms, why can't I draw 10Amps?

Nicholas Goble