Re: [TCML] Turn-to-Turn short circuit

Hello Matthew

I did not try to point out any stupidity, it is somewhat normal that
people ( including me ) don't see the obvious when you are too close to
the problem.
You say, you knotted the wire inside the coil. Probalby not a real
problem with these coils, but generally not advisable.
The cleaner version would be to use a piece of cotton ribbon and
fix it under the winding to hold the ends of the wire. This is common
practice in transformer winding, or at least was before the fancy
plastic bobbins became common.
I'd love to show you a pic of the process, but I currently dont have
one at hand...

best regards

Christoph Bohr