RE: [TCML] Terry Filter Gound

While connecting the RF ground to the mains ground is "probably" not a good idea (depending upon the power of the coil), it may or may not explain the tingling sensation.  I've not personally experienced it, but I've heard others running VTTC's and solid state TC's, report receiving shocks from a _properly_ mains-grounded Variac case.  This is just because their bodies are capacitively coupled to the top load, and touching the case completes the circuit to ground.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA