[TCML] buzzing reactor

Jim Mora wrote:
Hi Group,

<big snip>
The sat reactor buzzes like crazy but stays ambient. It was
scrounged out of a scientific oven with 5000 hours on it. I guess the
windings are loosened and rattling. I'd love to submerge it in something. It
has a silicon steel wound type of core.

If the reactor will fit into something handy, such as a length of pvc pipe with end caps, tap the end cap for a 1/4" or 1/8" npt x 1/4 male flare to attach a vacuum pump.

Make a "slow" epoxy mix of  "gelcoat" or fiberglass resin.

Coat (or submerge) the coil in the resin, pull a vacuum to remove air bubbles.

Remove coil from "tank" if it was submerged and allow to cure. If core was simply coated,
it could be allowed to cure in the  "tank".

Just a thought.  I haven't tried it.

Marko
kc5gym@xxxxxxx