Re: [TCML] charging reactors

What about a straight, stick-shaped core?  Think in terms of an old-style induction coil, but with only one winding.  This would greatly simplify homebrewing, as bundled iron or steel wire could be used for the core, and the winding would be a simple solenoid.  Isn't a straight core like this more resistant to saturation than a shell-type core?

Cheers,

Greg