Re: [TCML] Tesla Turbine

I thought that they were is use, but not as turbines. I read some where a while ago that they worked better with more viscous fluids. such as crude oil. and that the tesla turbine or a device very similar was used to pump the oil in the pipe lines, refineries, etc.

Jay Howson
----- Original Message -----
From: davep@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:04:11 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla Turbine

> I know a guy that wants to build a Tesla Turbine. He wants to know what
> is the efficiency of this engine?
Never measured one, reports at the time were:
poor, lower than conventional, bladed, turbines.
Some accounts have it that purchasers were required
to pay before testing....
My simplistic approach:
since the patent is long expired, if its not in use,
there is a reason.

> Is it worth building or is he wasting his time?
Depends on why it is being built.
If 'for fun': why not? Its been done.

best
dwp