Re: [TCML] The Hammertone Predikter

piranha skrev:
Hi Finn,

I did some fast models of your Predikter.

At 100kHz a 600nF inductor gives a lead signal 1026nS before the zero crossing. If the coil loads down to 95kHz the lead lengthens to 1041nS. A 1.4% don't care.

At extremes of 50kHz and 200kHz I got leads of 1330nS and 784nS. Still better than the lag we used to have ;)
Yes, but if the inductor is "just too big" and I get *too much* feedback, then all situations can be dialled in with the RC delays.
So all frequencies can have *spot on* timing.

It's freking amazing!!!

The amplitude does vary a lot. At an ideal 5V out it gives 6.15V and that can go from 5.34V to 9.05V at the 50 and 200kHz extremes. Probably just want to just the signal for zero crossing and not current monitoring or anything.

I use the signal from just the burden resistor for current monitoring, then the combined LR signal for feedback. From this it follows that the resistor is closest to ground.

So it is fairly easy to model and it does work in MicroSim too ;)

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful tool with us!!

Terry