RE: [TCML] predicting phase shift

> Inductance can change with frequency.  If you measure a coil at say
> 100GHz you will get some odd readings.  But in our case at
> say 100kHz, you just don't have to worry about it.

The inductance of an air core coil seems to change as the frequency is
varied, but this is due to errors in the measuring instruments and the
parasitic capacitance across the inductor.  Iron core coils will show
different inductance values at different frequencies because the
magnetic properties of the core are slightly different at different
frequencies.   Skin effect at high frequencies and current crowding at
high current levels will also change the apparent inductance of the
coil.  All of these effects have been well documented in the literature.

73,

Ralph   W5JGV - WD2XSH/7