Re: [TCML] final word on inductance

Me thinks we are getting inductance confused with reactance....

L = v / (i x 2 x pi x f)

So if you cut i in 1/2, does L get cut in half too?
Sorry, V also goes in half too and L stays constant.  :D :D

Like a resistor

R = V / I

If you double the voltage does R double? NO. I doubles too and R stays the same...

Xc = 2 x pi x f x L Pi and L never change unless you use wire cutters on the coil. If pi changes, you really messed up :D

Terry

DC Cox wrote:
L (inductance)  =  Volt seconds/ Amperes

The bottom line is really (volt seconds/Amps) - - -  change either one and
the inductance changes.  Period.

Dr. Resonance