Re: [TCML] Cap bleeder resistors

Some one may know better, but I think that even in an 'equidrive' style
circuit you would still technically not require bleeders. Assuming both caps
are equal value, the charge on the plates connected to either side of the
primary will be equal and opposite, so overall 0 charge on the 'primary
side' of the cap, and the other two plates will be shored together through
the transformer when power is off, discharging the caps completely. The only
situation is if for example one of the primary connections, or the
connection to the power transformer became disconneced while power was
applied, then the caps coud retain some charge.

DC, I dont think the caps discharge to 'ground' as such, but to the opposite
plate of the cap. if the cap plates are shorted together, but still floating
with respect to ground, the cap wont hold charge.

Cheers,
Jesse