RE: [TCML] 6 MOT stack?

I think you can get away with 5 kVA on a 4" coil:

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/sparks.jpg

Though you may have a few problems along the way if you aren't careful:

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/burnt_mmc.jpg

Cheap resistors

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/burnt_primary1.jpg

Gotta watch those primary strikes

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/burnt_secondary.jpg

This happened on the far side of the coil, where it wasn't visible

Adam