From: Liviu Vasiliu <teslina@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, Jul 25, 2009 3:00 pm
Subject: [TCML] GU5B VTTC

Hi list

I had the first light for my new VTTC with a GU5B tube (had a little vacation to
spare for this old project finally).
The construction is documented with pics on the 4HV forum here:

http://4hv.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?72084

First light: 60 cm sparks to a grounded rod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUbfZzKTpiw&feature=channel_page

Still using 2200 V weak MOTs in my doubler. I will try to find higher voltage output ones (2500 V), this will give at least 4-5 inches more in the spark
lenght.

This old russian stuff is simple great.

teslina