RE: [TCML] gold secondary

hi derek

it would seem that it is in stock already insulated  theres even a cross section showing the thickneses of insulation and plating

im just waiting for a reply to an email to confirm they have it

i did think of doing as you suggest but its the drying of it that stumps me and obviosly the space required to stretch it out
space winding could have been an option but as i said the low frequency of an oltc doesnt make it ideal

 im planning a 6" secondary  at the moment because my bubble tube is 6" and i dont have anymore pipe  so there you have it  no choice really

there will be 2000 turns of .315mm enamelled gold plated wire (if i can get it )

should give me fres of around 130khz  and a decent toriod will leave me at around 30-40 khz

still chewing my brain about the toroid

an option was  gas filled glass

another is gold leaf inside glass

but all these use a lot of gold and it is pricey

so maybe a chicken wire toroid and plate that with gold it would take a while but it would work and  look good

a breakout point will protect the finish by being the only place that sees a discharge and gets damaged

all this is the easy part as im struggling with the complexity of the  oltc supply and controller

i keep blowing stuff up !!

and i cant get my pulses to be the same length every firing

this is going to be a very long project

hope i havent bored you to death

earl