[TCML] RE: FAQ

The trouble with collaborating on an FAQ is that for some topics, there are as many different opinions as there are collaborators, even amongst seasoned coilers.  Witness the endless debates on issues like NST protection chokes, secondary coatings, use of baffles, etc., with strong opinions on all fronts.  I worry about building a tower of Babel.

The Pupman site DOES in fact have a list of commonly used abbreviations and an FAQ, but honestly, if that FAQ was on my web site, the stuff on chokes wouldn't make it.

While it would clearly be great to have an FAQ to refer newbies to on often asked questions, I don't know where to draw the line, between common issues with >99% universal agreement, and more controversial, nuanced issues.  I think that such a document requires one person to take ultimate editorial control of it, and it would feel awkward deleting well-intentioned submittals of others.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA