Re: [TCML] Spark gaps, Solid state switches and diodes

As far as reliability, the SISG has proven to me that it is extremely reliable (far exceeding my expectations). I didn't do a lot of calculations with the current, but concentrated simply on building the DC bridge, the coil, etc.. First firing was a winner! Here is my very simple circuit and how I ended up plugging the SISG into my circuit. This may seem very familiar.
http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/sisg.gif";

That looks like a dangerous setup to me because the primary is always floating at HV with respect to ground.

Ed