RE: [TCML] Copper Wire Auctions on Ebay ??????

Hi Gary, et al,

Yes, at those weights you are probably looking at a pallet and a freight
company. Does anyone know the max weight that UPS or FedEx will carry?

Gary, what kind of coating is on the #18? Say I wanted to wind a 22" Sono
tube with a 4.5 ratio, JavaTC tells me that would be ~2100 turns (twice
optimum yes?) with a DC resistance at 77 ohms, a weight of about 60LBS.

Now let's talk about double winding, the weight of the wire would stay the
same as we half the turns, right? The DC resistance would be halfed but the
inductance seems to be less than half?? It is unclear to me how double
winding would effect the overall performance as the turn to turn capacitance
changes a lot too, yes?

Can someone educate me on this? Isn't double winding generally like litz
wire which is twisted isn't it?  So winding double in parallel, how does
paralleling the wire perform and effect the parameters say capacitance, Q
and general quality of the coil.

I have interest in the roll. Maybe Chip should address the listserver
question.

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora