Re: [TCML] still stuck at 36"

Hi Bill,

New gap, so did you adjust the new gap with the transformer out of the rest of the circuit? The gap may be too wide and/or the air flow is affecting it. The 5 string can be troublesome for the transformer as it is the closest to resonance. The 6 string would be healthier for the NST. Double check the NST to ensure you can draw an arc from both ends also (to be sure both sides of the NST are still functioning).

Take care,
Bart

Bill Bohn wrote:
Prior to using the spark gap previously described, I could achieve about 36"
with the described gap it went promptly to 40-44 amazing! I am still
concerned about the erratic sound of the system as it runs. It is erratic
sputtering dad a-dadada- dada -dada da-da ---da daaa-da. NO it's not a song
it's what my coil sounds like.

I am concerned that the tank is suffering some abuse.  I don't want to start
singing the blues trying to find more transformers.

I have tried tuning every inch of the primary.  I have adjusted the spark
gap every couple of thousandths of an inch.  Thanks much!