Re: [TCML] SSTC (and VTTC)

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. One more question (for now) re: tubes. Can you or anyone recommend a site that can give the basics of tube operation? Aside from putting the parts together, I'd like to know what, exactly, they are doing, how, etc. Thanks!

Neal.

Neal,

Yes, a VTTC is easier to build than an SSTC because the components are
larger and less finicky in some ways, and mistakes won't cause the
components
to burn out as easily.  I have some VTTC's and schematics at my
websites at:

 http://futuret.110mb.com

and at:

 http://j.futuret.googlepages.com

I just completed a small VTTC project using a 4-125A tube powered by a
small
MOT.  The project gives 7" sparks.  I just added a couple of new photos
showing the completed project.  It's just a basic VTTC, nothing fancy.

An advantage of VTTC's is that the RF is less destructive to household
appliances, computers, etc.  After the VTTC is completed, you can add
the
staccato (pulsed) feature if desired.  Building the staccato pulser is
an easy
way to get involved in solid state projects.  The staccato pulser is a
solid
state add-on to the basic VTTC project.

There are many other solid state schematics available on the web also.

John