Re: [TCML] NST Measurements

mddeming@xxxxxxx wrote:
HI All,

I remember?seeing an EI curve for a 15/30?NST?about 15 years ago. The intercepts are, as you point out, 15KV?and 30 mA. The curve is monotonic decreasing and definitely?non-linear. I am not sure how much an?steady-state load curve would apply to TC operation.

Yep, non linear...

E load = Eoc * (Rload/(Rload^2+X^2))

Where X is the reactance of the equivalent series inductance = Eoc/Isc
Rload is the load

RMS current is a bit trickier (it's early in the morning, so I can't do algebra yet.. might be an error below)

I = Eoc/(Rload+jX)
Iinphase = Eoc * R/(Rload^2+X^2)
Iquad    = Eoc * X/(Rload^2+x^2)

I rms = sqrt(Iinphase^2+Iquad^2) = Eoc * sqrt( 1/(R^2+X^2))