Re: [TCML] Re: Tar

Bob,

If you pull a vacuum in the transformer can, be sure it is strong enough to
withstand the difference in pressure. Atmospheric pressure will crush even a
round steel 55 gallon drum if a vacuum is created inside. There is a  ton
(literally) of pressure on each square foot with only 14 PSI pressure  difference,
so be careful you don't implode the transformer can.

I also seriously doubt that any sign shop would try to evacuate a
transformer can with their pumping system. That's not what it was designed to  do. I
wouldn't want to risk contamination of my pumping system with oil vapor or  the
possibility of sucking oil into the manifold.

Tony Greer
Special Effects Neon

In a message dated 1/22/2009 7:24:22 A.M.  Central Standard Time,