[TCML] Solid State Frequency modulation

Hi everyone

I still haven't finished off my AC tesla coil yet (taking the chance to
relax from my course a little). However I was interested for the sake of
future applications for my coil in the various degrees of control you can
have over the frequency of the sparks. Especially in the realm of creating
sound. I've taken a look at a few sites and the main (if not only solution)
I've seen is to program a MIDI interface for the coil. However, what if I
didn't want to use my coil as a musical instrument so much as to use it as a
speaker? Is it possible to modulate the arcs in response to a normal jack
input from say a CD player, or guitar, or keyboard? Any advice would be much
appreciated,

Thanks,

-Matt