Re: [TCML] Pulse Capacitors

So for someone who is building their own capacitors, what do I have to do
differently to construct a pulse capacitor.  I mean a plate capacitor is a
plate capacitor.  Does the dielectric also determine the rate it can
discharge?  My understanding of capacitors was that the discharging current,
with respect to time was determined by the following equation:

I(t) = (-Q/RC) * (e^(-t/RC))
Where e is the natural logarithmic value and Q = C * V.  Am I right or just
way off?

I guess I¹m just trying to get a feel for how pulse capacitors work and how
to design capacitors.  Take this hypothetical scenario:

If I wanted to discharge 10amps in a thousandth of a second.  t=.001 and
I(t)=10.  I¹d just pick a voltage such as 9kV, which would tell me that I¹d
need an the relationship between my resistance and capacitance would be the
following:

C = -.001 / (R * ln((10R)/9000))

So a suitable capacitance would be .003F with a resistance of .025Ohms.

With this reasoning, if it¹s all correct, I¹d be able to discharge 10amps in
a thousandth of a second if I wired a .025Ohm resistor in series with a
.003F capacitor across a potential difference of 9kV, charged the capacitor
up, and discharged it.  Right?  So then why would I need a pulse capacitor
for that?

Nicholas Goble