RE: [TCML] SIDAC

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Finn Hammer
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 1:46 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] SIDAC

Some more snips:
Hi Finn, I was worried about a resonant rise in the voltage on the
transistor. I guess that two p4802ac's firing at 1040V is going to be
ticket for me. I am going to need through-hole devices. I only have
F3000K1's, I haven't measured the breakover on them yet. I did observe
the firing voltage using my O'scope and a HV probe. Setting the O'scope
to 2000 V/cM, I would guess the entire string was firing at 13.5KV (900
V/module).
   As I was writing this, I realized that changing the firing point is
going to impact the number of modules we need. The SISG coil is unusual
in operation, nothing happens until the PS makes enough voltage, then it
starts arcing and sparking. I do like the SISG coil.
   This has been a very informative thread. Keep it up! James

James skrev:
> Snippage:

Sidactors rock!

Cheers, Finn Hammer