RE: [TCML] very good simulation for peak currents

The simulation in question does not pretend to be simulating a full Tesla coil circuit.  Like it says, it's just a series L-C-R loop.  I have no reason to doubt that the simulation is correct for this simple circuit.  Of course if one thinks that this is simulation is of a full-blown Tesla coil circuit, then that will be an incorrect interpretation.

Who is using caps that are not designed for high current...?  This is a simulation, which uses perfect, simulated caps.  You can't blow them up!

It's true that the energy in a Tesla coil bounces back and forth between the primary and secondary, but this is not due to reflections; it's just simple inductive coupling of double-resonant circuits.  There is no constructive/destructive interference, I'm not even sure that concept applies to coils?  My limited exposure to that topic involved light, not LF waveforms.

I agree that the simple L-C-R circuit has little value in simulating a Tesla coil, but it would be useful in simulating a Terry filter that involved chokes or parasitic inductance.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA