Re: [TCML] Shinola meter, parts wanted or for free distribution -review

Bart,

I forgot to mention that many Fluke models have "spark gaps" that look sort
of like a ceramic disk capacitor with a little cut straight down the
middle, yellow or red in color. These follow the 1K "fusible resistor" and
usually short out permanently from overvoltage and burns out the 1K
resistor (on purpose) to protect you from possible explosion of the
instrument. If you replace the resistor and the meter doesn't read over a
couple of volts on a know live circuit, try cutting the MOV / Spark Gap out
of the circuit. If this fixes the problem, replace the defective
components. FYI: I think I even saw a Fluke repair kit with all the parts
you need.

Thanks,
Hank