From: chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, Dec 21, 2009 8:51 am
Subject: RE: [TCML] Terry Filter

Really. I asked the question before I started building this thing and was told
he cap pf value wasn't that important. My filter has (7) 820pf 2000volt
aps/bank. This is off slightly from the .0033uf caps I see in most drawings.
lease advise.
Chip

--- "Lau wrote:
he capacitor configuration need not and should not be altered as a function of
ST voltage.  Only the number of MOV's must be changed.
Someone once suggested that the capacitor string could be changed to a lower
oltage when using a lower voltage NST to perhaps save a few pennies, but the
tring capacitance should always stay the same pF value regardless of voltage.
Regards, Gary Lau
A, USA