From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 21 December 2009 01:31
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Terry Filter

I have my terry filter about 50% done. While building it, I asked myself a
question. Why would a person build anything but a Terry Filter capable of
protecting a NST of 15,000 volts? I ordered 14 MOV's from dig-key. For 4 or
5 dollars more, I could have had 16. Now if i want enough for a 15k trany, I
gotta pay shipping again.Correct me if I am wrong. If I build a Terry filter
capable of protecting a 15K volt trany, I can use it to protect my 9000 volt
NST without any modifications. I bring this up because, as we all know,
parts get swapped from coil to coil and if I decide to built a larger coil
with my 15k trany later on, I could've just moved it over without worry. Am
I wrong?