Re: [TCML] A Question about Solid State Drivers

That's right, Jim. The modulation width will correspond to the instantaneous
amplitude of the analogue input signal. My goal is to be able to reproduce
frequencies covering as much of the range of human hearing as possible, so
for the maximum auditory frequencies of about 20kHz, there are still 10
carrier cycles per signal cycle, which is quite good, I think. Taking into
account the Nyquist-Shanon sampling theorem, I will probably try to modulate
it at closer to 40kHz, but even if some of the top-end frequencies are lost,
I think it should sound quite good.

Again, does anyone have any experience sampling audio at these frequencies?

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Weyrich Morris
VP External - Engineering Undergraduate Society