[TCML] NST Terry filter

Hey all,
I am trying to build a terry filter for a 15/30 NST according to the following diagram:http://www.classictesla.com/download/NST_Filter.jpgbut am having problems finding the 1K 100W resistors.What is their function, and would chokes wound using flyback cable rated at 40KVDC on ferrite cores help in filtering out the hf? If so, how many turns on the chokes would be required?Also I plan to replace the cap and 10M resistor string with 2 1nF 15KV ceramic caps in series on each side to give 30KV 500pF sans the 10M resistors. Is that workable?
Thanks and regards,Jeremy