Re: [TCML] Suitable MMC Capacitors

Paul Brodie wrote:
That is the correct list I was telling Brandon about but it is going to be of little help. Brandon, you are not building the type of MMC that is usually being built by other TC builders.

For everyone to understand what is going on, I was attempting to help Brandon find some caps to use to build a tank cap as inexpensively as he can and still work with his 15kV 30mA neon sign transformer, as he is on a very tight budget. The caps we are looking at are only selling for 3

When it comes to low, low budget and NST, the beer bottle in a bucket capacitor can't be beat. Clear Corona bottles seem the be preferred (although I doubt that the brown glass makes a huge difference. 5 gallon plastic bucket, salt water, and some wire, and you're done. Heavy, potentially messy if it spills, but you can't beat the price (basically free for scrounging)