Re: [TCML] Mylar caps & Marx generators

Paul:

If you are not going for an extremely high power Marx, you can use 1700 pF
50 kV caps, as we do, using two caps in parallel in every stage.  We charge
with a full wave rectified X-ray transformer circuit, using a variac to keep
voltage to 50 kV.  I have some prints I could email you of our setup.

For stage to stage charging resistance (usually 40K Ohm in normal machines)
we use charging inductors, 1 Hy 50 kV, instead of resistors.  They are less
expensive than the normal carborundum resistors used in high power machines.

Since this is not a Tesla topic, please respond off-list if you need
assistance or advice.

Dr. Resonance