[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [TCML] Mirrors as glass plate and "foil" style caps?
not that I was going to build it, it was more of a theoretical question.
If I was to do it tho, I would cut the mirror into 12X12 squares for 35
layered plates, thus a silver layer between each glass plate.
Damn thing would weigh about as much as two 1256D variacs :)~
Tho it would be interesting just to see if it would have a
capacitance.... just maybe when I have the time.... hmmmmmm... ;)
Lau, Gary wrote:
The use of the silver side as a plate offers no advantage over the more typical Al foil plates and there is no end to the downsides:
- The size and weight of the thing! The cap shouldn't overshadow the rest of a coil (IMHO)
- The challenge to safely insulate such a large thing
- The challenge to devise a high-current peripheral contact to the silver plating
- You'll need to have foil on the other side anyway
- The certain prospect of 7 years bad luck
If a gun were held to my head I could probably get it to work, but...
Regards, Gary Lau
Tesla mailing list