Re: [TCML] Tuning, Capacitors, and Spark Gaps

Capacitors for microwave ovens were essentially voltage doubler caps, and
not really rated for RF duty.  With all those caps your internal losses
might be too high, and soaking up most of your input energy.

You might try substituting a friend's MMC type cap, or even a transmitting
mica type cap to see it that works.  That would be my first area of
recommendation.

Another good idea is to run all your data thru JAVATC -- free online.  It
will identify any design problems such as too few pri turns, etc.

Dr. Resonance