Re: [TCML] Gate Drive Waveforms Ringing

Hi Jesse,

Actually this is an unloaded waveform, there is no primary at this point I
was only phasing this H-Bridge when I noticed the ringing. I think what I am
going to try is using magnet wire to wind both primary and secondary on each
of the GDT and see if this is a leakage inductance problem. Right now I am
using parallel winding on the primary, 10 turn primary and 20 turn secondary
on each of the GDT, now I did reduce the number of turns on each of the GDT
to see if perhaps that was the case, and here is what I found, if I leave
one of the GDT's at 10 turn primary and the other at 9 or 8 turns, then the
ringing pretty much goes away, if I reduce both of them the same amount the
ringing comes back. I can honestly say I have never seen this type of
problem, I have seen ringing and have always been able to clear it (well
usually) but this one is just trying my patients.

Thanks

Brian